Through engaging in therapy with Iris R. Cohen, LCSW, MSW, you’ll learn about your moods, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. Psychotherapy helps you learn how to take control of your life and respond to challenging situations with healthy coping skills.
As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Ms. Cohen utilizes different modalities in addressing each of her patients’ unique needs. Psychotherapy can help with life’s stresses and conflicts that can affect anyone. Some of the challenges our patient population at the CCBH might experience are:
- Anxiety and Stress often due to diagnosis and care partner burden
- Life Changes: Help cope with a new or ongoing health diagnosis by providing education and support
- Managing Maladaptive Reactions to life situations
- Conflict Resolution – help establish healthier relationship with you partner and family members
- Treatment – Many mental health concerns including anxiety, mood, and personality disorders
What to expect from a therapy session:
- Initial Session – At the first psychotherapy session, Ms. Cohen will gather information about you and your needs. You may be asked to fill out forms about your current and past physical and emotional health, HIPPA and confidentiality.
- Following Sessions – We will work to establish a rapport, better understating of your situations and together determine the best approach or course of action.
- Later Sessions – where you will be encouraged to share thoughts and emotions in a safe confidential no judgment zone. Building confidence while feeling supported and validated. Over time, discussing your concerns can help improve your mood, change the way you think and feel about yourself, and improve your ability to cope with problems.